Copyright is a form of protection provided to the authors of “original works of authorship,” ,
Copyrights Registration in Pakistan is regulated by the IPO Office. Registration helps establish prima facie evidence in court of the validity of the copyrights and of the facts stated in the certificate.
Copyright includes the following creative works:
This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.
Steps for Registration of Copyright:
Requirements for filing Copyright applications;
- Full name, nationality/Description/State of Incorporation, profession and full business address of the applicant.
- Power of Attorney.
- Name, business address and complete residential address of the author of the work.
- Year of creation of the work.
- Year from which the work was published/used (in Pakistan and around the world).
- Affidavit from the author, if the applicant is a party other than the author and the work has been assigned to the applicant.
- In case of a logo or artwork, copies of the logo/artwork should be on a card on the back thereof following details may be typed and signed by the author, on front as well as on the back (4 sets).
- Name, address, CNIC No and signature of the author.
- Name of the Applicant.
- Year of creation.
- Registration, assignment, infringement of a copyright;
- Drafting deeds for transfer of copyright and royalty, etc